This article or section is a stub.
You can help the Far Cry Wiki by expanding it.
|The following section needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard, as it is possibly too long, too detailed, lacking objectivity, unclear, or lacks citations.
The .308 Carbine is a bolt action sniper rifle in Far Cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn and Far Cry 6. In Far Cry 5, it is unlocked at resistance level 3. It uses Rifle ammo, like the assault rifles, 45/70 and AR-CL. The .308 Carbine is an improvement over the AR-CL in terms of long-range accuracy and power, but with the steep tradeoff of being bolt-action, being more punishing to use if the player is inaccurate. It has a 5-round magazine, extendable to 10, and can mount a supressor. As far as optics, while the .308 Carbine has the usual selection of sniper scopes and other high-magnification options, it has the unusual ability to forego optics completely and use its backup iron sights.
- Accuracy: 7/10
- Damage: 7/10
- Range: 7/10
- Rate Of Fire:3/10
- Handling: 4/10
- There is a prestige variant of the .308 Carbine called the "Old Flame." It is statistically identical to the regular rifle, but sports a flame paintjob similar to the SPAS-12 Flameout.
Makeshift 308 Carbine
Far Cry New Dawn
The 308 Carbine returns in Far Cry New Dawn. Unlike most other weapons in the game; the 308 carbine seems to be the most undamaged and unmodified, save for the adjustable strap underneath the barrel and the scope on the top of the gun itself, although it does have a garden hose valve on the scope for changing the optic's magnification levels when aiming down the sights.
- The .308 Carbine is supposedly based on the CZ 527, a bolt action hunting rifle made by CZ-USA, the American branch of Czechoslovakian weapons manufacturer CZ. However, the CZ 527 is not manufactured in .308, usually being chambered in the weaker .223 or 7.62x39. The rounds in the magazine are actually .308 rounds however.
- The weapon is depicted with a flush-fitting 3-round magazine. However, the version ingame holds 5 rounds and does not change if the 10-round extended magazine is equipped.
- The .308 Carbine was patched to have higher damage on par with its accuracy and range. It used to have a damage rating of 6.
- On Infamous difficulty, this is one of the few rifle class weapons capable of a killing cult VIP with a single headshot, provided the player is using armor piercing ammunition.
|Melee||Fists · Bamboo Stick|
|Sidearms||.44 Magnum (L) · 1911 (Suppressed variant) · M-79 · Skorpion (Suppressed variant)|
|SMG||MP40 (Suppressed variant)|
|Assault rifles||AK-47 (Suppressed variant) · M-16 · MS16 (Suppressed variant)|
|Sniper rifles||308 Carbine (Suppressed variant) · SVD (Suppressed variant)|
|Machine guns||M60 V|
|Specials||Compound Bow · Flamethrower|
|Slot 1||Molotov · Proximity Explosive · Remote Explosive|
|Slot 2||Bait · Smoke Grenade · Throwing Knife|
|Slot 3||Dynamite · Grenade · Pipe Bomb|