The 6P9 appears Far Cry 3. While the weapon can be purchased for $680, it is much easier to unlock it at the start of the game by liberating the first Radio Tower outside of the village after being rescued by Dennis Rogers.
The 6P9 is a compact 9x18mm pistol, and can be equipped with a suppressor, extended magazine or night sight. It has low damage, high accuracy and an 8-round magazine size. However, the pistol can only equip 2 attachments at once, making the player choose between the three.
This article could benefit from the addition of one or more images.
The 6P9 returns in Far Cry 4. It becomes available for purchase after completing the misson A Cultural Exchange and costs 30,000 rupees.
It is the fastest firing semi-auto pistol in the game. This is compromised by it having the lowest damage per shot and poorest performance at range requiring 3 shot up close and 6 at a distance against army beheaders. On a brighter note, It can fit two attachments and its hipfire also has the tightest spread of all pistols. It is tied with the D50 for fastest reload speed.
In general, The 6P9 is not the worst pistol but unless you prefer speed over power, there are better options. Its draw time is identical to all other pistols bar the M-712. Like all other non-heavy pistols, the 6P9 has a range limit of 60m which is well beyond where you will use the 6P9 effectively.
However, the weapon's main advantage is its stealth capability. It's high accuracy and ability to be suppressed makes it one of the best non-signature silenced secondaries in the game, reliably taking out almost all enemy types in the game with a single, well-placed headshot. It also has good mobility, but as mentioned above, it is not very useful when going loud, due to the mediocre firing rate and abysmal damage.
This article or section is a stub.
You can help the Far Cry Wiki by expanding it.
Added to the game with the release of the Dead Living Zombies expansion, the 6P9 is back in Far Cry 5. The weapon can be fitted with a skin, a suppressor, and an extended magazine, but lacks an optical upgrade.
- The 6P9 is capable of fitting the extended 10 round magazine and a suppressor at the same time.
- The 6P9 is an extremely good stealth weapon for the first half of the game; especially when Heavy Beatdown, is not unlocked, as you can shoot a Heavy Gunner in the back of the head
- It is a very accurate handgun; the recoil is low enough to make very rapid follow-up shots.
- The 6P9 is based on the real-world PB Pistol
- The 6P9 is the only pistol in Far Cry 3 to have its real life caliber and magazine capacity.
- In Far Cry 3, it is impossible to buy the 6P9 as it will become free once the radio tower is deactivated in the tutorial.
- In the sidequest Wherefore Art Thou Juliet, "Romeo" attempts to kill his lover with a 6P9.
- The 6P9 is very similar to the Silent Makarov 6P9 from Far Cry 2; the main difference being that the 6P9's suppressor can be detached in later games.
- The Makarov PM, in real life, is a particularly accurate and economical pistol popular for its simplicity, compactness, lethality, accuracy, and affordable ammunition.
- The real life 6P9 has a unique suppressor that cannot be attached to any other gun, while the in-game 6P9 has a generic pistol suppressor. In reality, the suppressor is made specifically for the PBS and can be removed for storage or compact carry.
- It is the only hand gun in Far Cry 3 that can be silenced, if the 1911 "Shadow" is not counted.
- 2018 July 4, Wikipedia: PB (Pistol). Retrieved 2018 September 1.
|Melee||Japanese Tanto · Machete · Tribal Knife|
|Sidearms||.44 Magnum (Cannon) · 1911 ("Shadow") · 6P9 · D50 · Mk.23 (cut content)|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|SMG||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Assault rifles||ACE · AK-47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|Sniper rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Machine guns||DShK · MKG · PKM · U100|
|Launchers||GL-94 · RPG-7|
|Specials||Flamethrower · Recurve Bow|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Other||Flare Gun · Repair Tool|
|Sidearms||.44 Magnum (Cannon) · 1911 (Sandman) · 6P9 · A.J.M. 9 · A99 (Rebel) · Auto-Crossbow · D2 · D50 · Flare Gun · M-712 (HS77) · M-79 · Mark IV (Sixer) · Skorpion (Stinger)|
|Shotguns||1887 ('87) · M133 (Bull) · SPAS-12|
|SMG||A2000 · BZ19 · MP34 (Stormer) · MP5 · Vector .45 ACP (Shredder)|
|Assault rifles||A52 · AK-47 (Warrior) · F1 · MS16 (Trooper) · P416 (Bushman) · STG-90|
|Sniper rifles||M-700 (Predator) · SA-50 · SVD · Z93 (AMR)|
|Machine guns||DShK · MG42 (Buzzsaw) · MKG (Ripper) · PKM (Driller) · U100|
|Launchers||GL-94 · GL-A87 · LK-1018 · RPG-7|
|Specials||.700 Nitro (Elephant Gun) · Flamethrower · Harpoon Gun · Hunter Bow · Recurve Bow · Repair Tool|
|Items||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov · Throwing Knife|