Dani Rojas is the protagonist of Far Cry 6. They are either male or female depending on the player's choice, but they can't be customized nor renamed. Unlike the previous two games, Dani is more heavily involved in the plot and is a fully-voiced protagonist. Male Dani is voiced by Sean Rey, Female Dani is voiced by Nisa Gunduz.
It is probable that the female is the canonical protagonist because the game defaults to the female character when creating a new game, and because the female character is used in Far cry 6's trailers, advertisements, and other Marketing material.
Dani was born on May 4th 1996 and was raised in an orphanage inside Yara's capital city, Esperanza. Sometime before the events of the game Dani joined the military through conscription but became a military dropout after punching their drill instructor in the face. When the events of Far Cry 6 came into fruition Dani did not want to join the Revolution and instead wished to escape the country. Dani eventually gets swept up in the Guerilla movement Libertad and now has the goal to take on Antón in the Lion's Den, a nickname for the capital of Yara. It is revealed in the first moments of the game that Dani was an orphan. They describe how in their childhood they rigged a bike with a chainsaw, Dani grew up alongside their fellow orphans, Lita Torres and Alejo Ruiz, both of whom died in the opening. Alejo because he attracted attention by throwing a bottle of beer at the FND, yelling "FUCK CASTILLO!" and was shot in the head, Lita due to the FND shooting up the boat they were in, slaughtering many people and sinking the boat, and a bullet hitting Lita in the neck.
After the fall of Castillo's regime, most resistance leaders appoint Dani as the next El Presidente but Dani does not feel like a person who can manage the country so Dani let the leaders of the resistance factions to decide but in Dani's mind, Dani does not have much faith in them. At the final moments of the game, Dani has a conversation with Juan Cortez requesting to go "Hunting" they have a conversation, as they walk away into the jungle. and it cuts to the title screen, where Juan Cortez talks to a Smuggler that may be the infamous Vaas Montenegro. Vaas (Possibly) out of all people states how crazy it was when Anton Castillo killed his son, and then slit his own throat with a hook. After the ending, Libertad has a new goal: To kill all Insurgent leaders, high ranking FND members trying to take back Yara.
- They are the second protagonist born in their game’s setting, the first being Ajay Ghale from Far Cry 4, and the first who was was raised in the region.
- Technically the Junior Deputy, Takkar and The Security Captain were born and raised in the same country of their game's setting, but neither were native to the region the game takes place.
- Both Ajay Ghale and Dani Rojas are similar each other only if you choose Dani as a male:
- Both are raised in a small dictatorship country. Ajay born in Kyrat while Dani born in Yara.
- Both of them are orphaned after their family is dead.
- Both of them initially trusted the rebels believed that they fight for freedom and democracy but in the end both of them distrusted their leader of the rebels after they witnessed that the rebels are prove to be no better than the dictator after the leader are dead or exiled. After Pagan Min dead or exiled, Sabal isolated Kyrat further and devoted to ruled the country in traditional way similar how Anton Castillo ruled. On the other hand, Amita wanted to make Kyrat into a better future but in the end only to turned Kyrat into totalitarian drug state by recruiting the children to become a soldier to protect the drug field and tried to selling the drug in order to earn more money similar on how both Vaas and Hoyt ruled the Rook island respectively by selling drug and made their people into a slave. In contrast to Anton's death should Diego alive, Yara would have been a democracy but instead got killed by his own father as a mercy killing. This leading Yara are now under control by the caretaker Libertad as the rebels member stated that the election have to be on hold after the leader of Yara is overthrown.
- Note in FND Special Forces Base in Barrial "CONSCRIPTION NOTIFICATION n. 0418 June 7, 2014 It is certified that the conscript No. 0418, Dani Rojas, has been called to serve his country. Report to the Esperanza Recruiting Center."