- 1 Summary
- 2 Special Outfit
- 3 Outfits
- 4 Mask
- 5 Upper Body
- 6 Lower Body
- 7 Hair
- 8 Headwear
- 9 Handwear
- 10 Reward Outfits
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
In Far Cry 5 the player can fully customize the player character with various items of clothing, hair styles, and even their gender. The clothing can be obtained through various methods, such as buying outfits in the store, unlocking them through missions, the Ubisoft Club, or by doing Live Events, among others.
The clothing is divided into several sections:
- Special Outfit
- Upper Body
- Lower Body
The outfits category contains entire outfits for purchase, while the sections contain the individual components that make up outfits.
Female Special Outfits
Male Special Outfits
The Outfits section includes whole outfits. Not all outfits include headwear and/or handwear.
The Mask section contains full-face masks that can be worn.
The Upper Body includes T-shirt, vest, jackets, etc.
Female Upper Bodies
Male Upper Bodies
The Lower Body includes pants, shorts, skirts, etc.
Female Lower Bodies
Male Lower Bodies
There are several styles and colours of Hair for selection.
The Headwear category contains hats and glasses.
The Handwear category includes gloves, gauntlets, wraps, rings, etc.
Some clothing is only available from certain places.
- Rye & Daughter - Complete Special Delivery
- Badass - Liberate Lorna's Truck Stop outpost
- Cowhand - Liberate Whitetail Park Ranger Station outpost
- Essentials - Liberate F.A.N.G. Center outpost
- Deer Season - Find the Swingers Prepper Stash
- Flight Crew - Find the Overwatch Prepper Stash
- Speeder - Liberate the Seed Ranch outpost
- Militia - Find the Foxhole Prepper Stash
- Overdrive - Complete the Old Glory Holes Clutch Nixon stunt near the Gethsemane Greenhouse
- Omega - Complete Quiet on the Set
- Larry Parker's Pants - Complete Out Of This World
- Testicle Festival - Complete Prairie Oyster Harvest
- Cougars T-shirt - Complete Grand Slam
- Cheeseburger T-shirt - Complete Mint Condition
- Aerial Force - Digital Deluxe
- Big Game Hunter - Digital Deluxe
- Doomsday Prepper - Pre-Order Bonus / Season Pass Ownership
- Far Cry Primal Pack - Own Far Cry Primal
- Rainbow 6 Siege Armor Pack - Own Rainbow 6 Siege
- Hope County Baseball Outfit - 40 Units
- Community T-shirt - 20 Units
- Flamebearer - Well Done
- Arcade Pro Player - Arcade Dawn
- Country - Roadkill
- Undercover Cultist - Pickup Blowup
- Jacob's Hunter - White Collar Job
- Marshal - Arcade Noon
- Deputy - Arcade Noon
- Prior to the v1.5.0 / 1 May 2018 update to Far Cry 5, there were no "masks" or "special outfit" categories, with John Seed and Sheriff Whitehorse being the first two in the category of the latter for males, and Grace Armstrong and Mary May Fairgrave for female characters.
- The Flamebearer icon originally showed the mask as being grey, with a head support to hold it in place, although no such appearance was ever added to the player's headgear.
- In the v1.5.0 / 1 May 2018 update, the Flamebearer icon was update to reflect the actual appearance.
- In the v1.5.0 / 1 May 2018 update, the player was given the ability to change their appearance from the clothing menu, allowing them to change their gender, face, and skin at any clothing menu in the game.
- The "Chopper" outfit for males has a bug that causes the headwear part to not be unlocked after purchase; wearing the outfit and going into the headgear options again will correct the issue.
- Due to the outfits being the same styles but different entries into the game, purchasing an outfit for a male character will only unlock for a male, and vice-versa.
- Despite the "Special Outfits" being of named characters, it does not change the physical appearance of the player; it merely adds the hair, facial hair, and outfits of the character to the player themselves. Tattoos, such as John Seed's sins and decorative tattoos are not included, as they are textured onto John Seed's model, for example.
- Despite being several faces and skin tones to choose, facial hair and tattoos/details are not available to player characters; the Special Outfits having the only true facial hair options for males, for example.
- In title update 6, a bug was present that allowed the player to view the default Junior Deputy's outfit by equipping a DLC outfit such as the Doomsday Prepper, and fast-traveling to any map marker, which would reset all of the DLC clothing to the default.
- With the release of the New Game+ mode and the Infamous difficulty, a modified version of the Deputy's outfit could be obtained by completing the game on the Infamous difficulty.
- Its possible that the Far Cry Community T-shirt makes a reference to Grand Theft Auto Vice City. Once Vice city was completed by 100%, you would get a T-shirt saying "I completed Vice City and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Special Outfits - Males & Females. Retrieved 2018 May 1.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Special Outfits - Male/Female "Jacob's Hunter" outfit. Retrieved 2018 May 5.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Headwear Icons - Flamebearer. Retrieved 2018 April 29.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Headwear Icons - Flamebearer. Retrieved 2018 May 1.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Clothing Options. Retrieved 2018 May 1.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Clothing Selection - Chopper Outfit Headwear. Retrieved 2018 May 10.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Clothing Selection - Comparing Female Outfits versus Male Outfits. Retrieved 2018 May 10.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Special Outfits - John Seed. Retrieved 2018 May 10.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Special Outfits. Retrieved 2018 May 10.
- Far Cry 5: In-Game Clothing. Retrieved 2018 May 25.