Far Cry 6 is a Ubisoft game and the sixth numerical game in the Far Cry series. It was released on October 7, 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC. In addition, it will be released on the Google Stadia streaming platform. The global premiere of Far Cry 6 took place during Ubisoft Forward in July 2020, with gameplay first revealed in late May 2021.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Missions
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Multiplayer
- 5 Characters
- 6 Factions
- 7 Animals
- 8 Location
- 9 Vehicles
- 10 Weapons
- 11 Game Versions
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Development
- 14 Media
- 15 References
Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Antón Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.
FIGHT FOR FREEDOM - Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran, and become a guerrilla fighter to liberate the nation.
YARA TORN APART - Fight against Anton's troops in the largest Far Cry playground to date across jungles, beaches, and Esperanza, the capital city of Yara.
As with previous games, there are several types of missions in Far Cry 6.
- Story missions - These missions advance the player through the game.
- Yaran Stories - These missions provide the player with points to increase their Rank in Libertad and unlock new weapons and tools.
- Treasure Hunts - These missions provide the player with resources to help upgrade their weapons.
- A Little Birdie Told Me
- The Emerald Skull
- Military Targets - These provide the player with ways to disrupt the Castillo regime, earning Rank points in Libertad and, with certain targets, Depleted Uranium that can be used to craft new Resolvers and Supremos.
The player-character, Dani Rojas is both fully voiced and has a fleshed-out personality unlike the Deputy or Captain, and is also unable to be customized like either of them save for the choice of their gender wherein their name remains the same.
Weapons each have their own category and two sub-categories, Regular and Unique, the latter of which boast some increased stats compared to the regular variant, but cannot be customized unlike the regular variant, though unlocking them provides their unique appearance to use on the regular variant. Two new categories of weapons introduced in 6 are the Resolver Weapons, which each have a unique appearance and capability to suit a different style of guerilla warfare, and the Supremos, personnel-based war machines designed to cause mayhem in a wide area or boost their wearer in a unique way.
In this installment of the franchise, the companion system from Far Cry 5 returns and is now called "Amigos", but eschews the use of any human companions. Every Amigo is what was previously called a Fang for Hire, including but not limited to; a Hawaiian-shirt-wearing crocodile that have bring himself back to life, a wheelchair-bound dachshund that can distract enemies with sheer adorableness, an ex-cockfighting rooster with a thirst for the blood of military soldiers, a man's best friend from Hope County, Montana, and a legendary jaguar blessed by the Oluwas.
In addition to the main quest to take down the standing dictatorial ruler of Yara, Anton Castillo, Dani will encounter numerous characters each with their own side quest to help them get back some semblance of normal living while screwing over the occupation as much as possible in side quests called Yaran Stories. There are also a multitude of Treasure Hunts, in similar style to the Prepper Stashes of 5, that provide Dani with resources in the fight against tyranny.
There will be two player co-op.
- Dani Rojas - Main Protagonist, a member of the resistance that wants to set Yara free.
- Antón Castillo - El Presidente, a bloodthirsty dictator who wants to repeat the success of his father's rule.
- Diego Castillo, The Heir - A 13-year-old son of a brutal dictator, the future of Yara lies in his heart.
- Admiral Benítez - Castillo's "truest Yaran" and FND Naval Commander who controls the waters of Yara with an iron grip.
- General José Castillo - FND Air Force Commander and El Presidente's nephew, a slave driver who controls the poison Viviro tobacco.
- María Marquessa - Minister of Culture and considered Yaran royalty - the queen of propaganda, censorship, and telenovelas.
- General Raul "Old Dog" Sanchez - A general loyal to the regime.
- General Mariano - One of the most loyal generals to the regime, appeared in a secret ending
- Bembé Alvarez - Black Market King
- Dr. Edgar "El Doctor" Reyes, Viviro's Architect - the creator of Viviro and the PG-240 "poison" sprayed across Yara, all in the name of "progress"
- Sean McKay - Corporate executive and serial imperialist, handling Castillo's Viviro imports and exports from El Este
- Sergio Estévez - Doctor Reyes' top scientist
- Ría Campos - Commanding FND officer at Mesozoico.
- Comandante Rosario - Commander who manages the Isla Santuario.
- Ramón Gallegos - Commanding FND officer at Maceo.
- Rodrigo Lecoste - Sadistic artist with the full support of Castillo
- Capitán Díaz - FND Captain Sergio kidnapped at the El Este Naval Stables
- The Dentist - Castillo's best interrogator
- Clara Garcia, La Jefa - Libertad is her life.
- Juan Cortez, Resolver Master - This ex-spymaster wrote the book on guerrilla warfare.
- Philly Barzaga - Guerrilla Mechanic
- Carlos Montero, Montero Clan Leader - The most respected farmer fighting for Madrugada's freedom, who hates tourists.
- Camila "Espada" Montero, Blade of the West - The most feared guerrilla in Madrugada and Carlos' only daughter.
- Alejandro Montero, Distant son of Carlos Montero and research scientist working under José Castillo
- Yelena Morales - Leader of La Moral and guerrilla prodigy of El Este, she has a double major in revolution and revenge.
- Mercedes "Jonrón" Martín - A star player on the battlefield and Yelena's second in command.
- Jorge "El Tigre" Aguilar - Head of the Legends of '67 and The heart of El Este and the fist of the '67 revolution.
- Lorenzo Canseco - The Poet of the '67 Revolution
- Teresa "Lucky Mama" Moreno - The Heart of the '67 Revolution
- Talia and Paolo - As the rapper and DJ for the group Máximas Matanzas, these two are the voice of the Outcasts in Yara.
- Paz "Bicho" Duarte - Third member of Máximas Matanzas
- Alejo Ruiz - Close friend of Dani's
- Lita Torres - Guerrilla and close friend of Dani's
- Marco - Lets people on the boat at the end of the prologue
- Julio Velez - Libertad fighter and lover of Lita
- Benito Menguez - A disillusioned fisherman
- Gilberto Rosario - Master spy of La Moral by day, drag queen entertaining the government by night
- Gloria Toca - Petra Toca's daughter who is in love with a guerrilla
- Miguel Delgado - Soldier for la Familia Montero
- Petra Toca - A farmer caught between the guerrillas and the regime
- Iván Minoso - A man who runs the cockfighting rings
- Reinaldo Alvarez - Chicharrón's handler
- Zenia Zayas - Revolutionary graffiti artist
- Elvis Carballo - Guerrilla for the Monteros and Cockfight trainer
- Chica Núñez - Innocent civilian warning the protagonist about Rodrigo Lecoste
- Raúl del Valle
- Ofelia García - Legends of '67 fighter and Dominos game host
- Yami Abreu
- Mimo Abosi - Trickster Oluwa
- Ída - Oluwa of Life
- Okú - Oluwa of Death
- Colton "CBSavage" Blake - American vlogger
- Dmitri Gulov - Russian Black Market dealer who had dealing with Bembé
- Matías Alonso - Guerrilla doctor
- Rafael Merrero - Black Market Forger
- Roberto - Soldier for La Familia Montero
- Miguelina - Lorenzo's first love and Guerrilla Veteran
- Becky Tanner - Social Media Influencer
- Big Papi - Famous guerrilla and smuggler from Central America
- Isabela Entenza - Former FND soldier who defected to Libertad
- Marisol - Former FND medic who defected to Libertad
- Freddy Fonseca Jr. - Baseball player and son of a baseball legend
- Yami Suarez - Mechanic, gives races for Dani
- Alfredo Maximo - Guard at the La Moral Hideout Entrance in Concepción
- Doc Brown - Eccentric Saboteur
- Calixto Carbonell - Owner of Carbonell Farm and Helicopter Pilot
- Dr. Yanny Dábolos - Therapist
- Lola - Taxi driver and Guerrilla Special Operations Chief
- Danny Trejo
- Champagne (Vice Pack DLC- Ultimate Edition)
- Boom Boom
- K-9000 (Blood Dragon Pack DLC - Ultimate Edition)
- American Crocodile
- Yaran Crocodile
- Black Demoniaco
- White Demoniaco
- Wild Hog
- Black Hawk
- Bull Shark
- Burro Grunt
- French Grunt
- Horse-Eye Jack
- Reef Shark
The game is set on Yara, an island nation located within the Heart of the Caribbean.
- 1950's Cars
- 1985 Tokai Sabuku
- 1963 Jengo Peccary
- KAG T.G.
- Cargo Truck
- 1944 Petrov HS-100 Tank
- 1956 Beaumont Valentina
- 1962 Verrazzano Bravo
- Jet Pack
- Rocket Pack
- Patrol Boat
Every weapon within Far Cry 6.
- THE AUTOCRAT
- LETHAL DOSE
- EL FLORECER
- BLOOD DRUNK
- EL REGALO DE CLARA
- EL GALLARDO
- ROCOCO LOCO
- EL GENERAL
- Tostador Flamethrower
- El Muro
- La Clavadora
- El Besito
- El Susurro
- El Pequeño
- La Sorpresa
- La Varita
- FUCK ANTÓN
- ¡VIVA LIBERTAD!
- CAMO QUINCEAÑERA
- DEATH RITES
- NOBLESSE OBLIGE
- ONE PING ONLY
- VAYA CON DIOS
- SURF & TURF
- SMOKEBOX SILVIA
- IRON CURTAIN
- TURN OF THE CENTURY
- STREAMLINE MODERNE
- DIY DEATH
- THE HEROIC END
Light Machine Guns (LMGs)
- SINK OR SWIM
- THE CHAINSAW
- CRACKLE & POP
Unique Sniper Rifles
- EL DEPREDADOR
- SOBEK SPECIAL
- DOUBLE CLUTCH
- EL TIRANO
- THE TRANSUBSTANTIATOR
- EL RUBI
- CIERVO MACHO
- THE TRUE LOYALIST
- EXCAVATION EXECUTION
- EL CAPIROTE
- LA GUARACHA
- EL CABALLERO
- LA PETITE MORT
- INTO ORBIT
The "Libertad" pack is added to pre-orders on Uplay, including extras such as the Discos Locos weapon and the dog companion skin, Chorizo.
- Standard Edition - $59.99, Basic version of the game
- Gold Edition - $99.99, Game Season Pass
- Ultimate Edition - $119.99, Game Season Pass, Ultimate Package
- Collector's Edition - $199.99, Game Season Pass, Ultimate Package, Replica Tostoador with How to Assemble paper, Steelbook collector's box characterized by characters appearing in the game, 64-page artbook, 10 stickers, Chorizo Keychain, Map of Yara, and a CD with selected songs from the soundtrack.
- The trailer for the game leaked to the Internet before their official presentation at Ubisoft Forward.
- This is the first installment of Far Cry in which the main setting is a big city. It is also the first installment to feature horses and tanks.
- Originally the game was set to release on February 18, 2021; however, it was delayed to October 7, 2021 due to the ongoing pandemic.
- The game takes place after Far Cry 5 events, in a world where nuclear war did not happen.
- This raises questions among fans about if Far Cry 5's Walk Away ending is the canon ending. Others believe that Far Cry 6 takes place in an alternate universe.
Work on the game had commenced by early 2016. Research was done into the history of (guerrilla) revolutions. Members of the development team spent about a month in Cuba doing research.
|Games||Far Cry (Classic) · Far Cry Instincts (Evolution - Predator - Paradise Lost) · Far Cry Vengeance · Far Cry 2 · Far Cry 3 (Blood Dragon - Far Cry VR: Dive Into Insanity) · Far Cry 4 (Escape from Durgesh Prison - Valley of the Yetis) · Far Cry Primal · Far Cry 5 (Arcade - Hours of Darkness - Lost On Mars - Dead Living Zombies) · Far Cry New Dawn · Far Cry 6|
|Compilations||Far Cry: Wild Expedition · Far Cry Compilation|
|Films||Far Cry · The Far Cry Experience · Inside Eden's Gate|
|Books||Far Cry: Gotterdammerung · Far Cry: Rite of Passage · Far Cry 2: Bloody Diamonds · Far Cry Absolution|
|Other||A word from your dig director · Divya's Travel Blog|
|Far Cry 2||Fortunes Pack DLC|
|Far Cry 3||Hunter Pack DLC · Predator DLC · Warrior Pack|
|Far Cry 4||Overrun|
|Far Cry 6||Far Cry 6 - Croc Hunter Pack · Far Cry 6 - Jungle Expedition Pack · Far Cry 6 - Vice Pack|