Far Cry 6 is an upcoming Ubisoft game and the sixth numerical game in the Far Cry series. It will be released in 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC. In addition, it will be released on the Google Stadia streaming platform. The global premiere of Far Cry 6 took place during Ubisoft Forward in July 2020.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Missions
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Multiplayer
- 5 Characters
- 6 Factions
- 7 Animals
- 8 Location
- 9 Vehicles
- 10 Weapons
- 11 Game Versions
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Development
- 14 Media
- 15 References
Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Antón Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.
FIGHT FOR FREEDOM - Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran, and become a guerrilla fighter to liberate the nation.
YARA TORN APART - Fight against Anton's troops in the largest Far Cry playground to date across jungles, beaches, and Esperanza, the capital city of Yara.
To be added
The player will have a large range of "unusual" weapons, as well as a multitude of means of transport - from horse to tank. When it comes to weapons, it will provide a wide, modifiable selection. The game will offer a more realistic living world that will return to a similar atmosphere to that of the first three games. In this installment of the franchise, the companion system from Far Cry 5 will return as "Amigos". In addition, players will have a character creator at their disposal, in which they can specify the gender of their hero or heroine. You will also be able to change your outfits in a similar way to that of Far Cry 5. The game will have numerous side quests, which will be based mainly on the elimination of Anton Castillo's soldiers.
There will be Two Player Multiplayer.
- Dani Rojas - Main Protagonist, a member of the resistance that wants to set Yara free.
- Antón Castillo - Main Antagonist, a bloodthirsty dictator who wants to repeat the success of his father's rule.
- Diego Castillo - Secondary Antagonist, 13-year-old son of a brutal dictator. He is to replace his father.
- To be added
- To be added
- Castillo's Army
The game is set on Yara, an island nation located within the Heart of the Caribbean.
Light Machine Guns (LMGs)
- Nail Machine Gun
- FC6 Machine Gun
The "Libertad" pack is added to pre-orders on Uplay, including extras such as the Discos Locos weapon and the dog companion skin, Chorizo.
- Standard Edition - $59.99, Basic version of the game
- Gold Edition - $99.99, Game Season Pass
- Ultimate Edition - $119.99, Game Season Pass, Ultimate Package
- Collector's Edition - $199.99, Game Season Pass, Ultimate Package, Replica Tostoador with How to Assemble paper, Steelbook collector's box characterized by characters appearing in the game, 64-page artbook, 10 stickers, Chorizo Keychain, Map of Yara, and a CD with selected songs from the soundtrack.
- The trailer for the game leaked to the Internet before their official presentation at Ubisoft Forward.
- This is the first installment of Far Cry in which the main setting is a big city.
- Originally the game was set to release on February 18th, 2021, however it has been officially delayed to an unknown date due to effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Work on the game had commenced by early 2016. Research was done into the history of (guerilla) revolutions. Members of the development team spent about a month in Cuba doing research.