The Privateer Defender is a type of Privateer in Far Cry 3. Unlike the two Pirate defender classes, the Privateer Defender is a cautious fighter and is often found guarding outposts as well as being personal guards in some Wanted Dead missions.
Tips and Trivia
- As the name implies, they are better at defending than assaulting.
- Privateer Defenders wear strong body armor and can survive several bullet hits before falling. Strong weapons such as assault rifles or shotguns are preferable against them.
- They can come in groups of two or more, depending on how the outpost is laid out.
- Privateer Defenders can sometimes be found as gunners on Scavengers and Technicals. It is best to keep them off the gunner seat, though, since their heightened defence along with a mounted gun can be bothersome.
- Despite their heavy armour, a single headshot from any weapon will kill them instantly.
- A single arrow from a bow will kill them immediately as well.
- Unlike their Pirate counterparts, they always fire their weapons from the shoulder, making their accuracy far better.
- An elite variant exists, but is found only in wanted dead missions.
- Other skin variants of Privateer Defenders.
|Far Cry 3 Enemies|
|Light||Assaulter (Elite · Boss) · Charger · Berserker (Boss) · Molotov Thrower · Sniper (Boss)|
|Light-Heavy||Defender (Elite · Boss) · RPG Shooter (Boss)|
|Heavy||Heavy Gunner · Heavy Flamer|
|Light||Assaulter (Elite · Boss) · Charger · Sniper (Boss)|
|Light-Heavy||Defender (Elite) · RPG Shooter|
|Heavy||Heavy Gunner · Heavy Flamer (Elite)|
|Other||Recruit · Guard Dog|