The MAC-10 appears in Far Cry 2.
Having a rapid-fire, decent accuracy, and low damage, the MAC-10 is useful as a sidearm to those who favor sniper rifles and other weapons less-useful at close-range. However, the MAC-10 is woefully inadequate at anything beyond close-range, meaning that it lacks the mid-range capability of an assault rifle. When used with a long-range weapon such as a sniper like the SVD, it is advised to either close the gap when an enemy is at mid-range, or fall back to long range.
The MAC-10 will degrade fairly quickly after use, meaning a fresh one should be picked up any time the player visits a store.
It is used by many enemies until Act 2, when it is replaced by the Uzi.
From full condition, the MAC-10 will begin to jam between the 360th and 560th shots, and will break completely around 750th round fired.
The SMG-11 as it appears in Far Cry 5 is a sidearm-capable machine pistol. Due to the smaller size, it is one of only a handful of non-pistol weapons that can be used in the slot, such as the D2, M-79, A99, and Skorpion.
The SMG-11 uses sub-machine gun rounds, and can be fired in semi-automatic or automatic - a plus over the 3-round burst and automatic-only Skorpion, and automatic-only A99.
The SMG-11 can be fitted with a suppressor, extended magazine, optical sight, and a weapon skin. An additional green camouflage skin can be unlocked by completing the mission Patriot Acts for Willis Huntley.
In-Game Description, Far Cry New Dawn
The SMG-11 returns in Far Cry New Dawn, as the first SMG the Player acquires. It's a Rank 1 weapon and quickly becomes of little use. Perhaps due to its decayed nature, the reload is noticeably longer than normal. Unlike previous incarnations, this SMG-11 has a partial adjustable strap attached directly underneath its barrel.
- The MAC-10 in Far Cry 2 is slightly oversized.
- When in a safe area in Far Cry 2, the threaded barrel can be seen that would allow the weapon to be fitted with the unique MAC-10 suppressor, despite it not being available in the game.
- Like the Uzi, the MAC-10 in the real world features and open-bolt design, while the in-game variant has a closed-bolt.
- The MAC-10 in Far Cry 2 uses the real-life designation of the weapon, while the Far Cry 5 variant uses the standard Ubisoft gun naming also used in Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, and Rainbow Six to name a few.
- The Far Cry 5 variant is based on the SWD M11/9, a clone of the MAC-11. The rear sight has been cut down from a circle to a notch and markings on the body indicate it fires 9mm rounds. The firing selector is always set to semi-auto.
|Melee||Machete (Homemade Machete · Primitive Machete)|
|Secondary||Star .45 · Makarov · Silent Makarov 6P9 · Uzi · Eagle .50 · MAC-10 · M79 · IED · Flare Pistol · Craftsman Shotgun|
|Primary||G3KA4 · AK-47 (Golden) · FAL · AR-16 · Silent MP5 · Homeland 37 · SPAS-12 · USAS-12 · Silenced Shotgun · M1903 · SVD · AS50 · MGL-140|
|Special||PKM · M249 SAW · RPG-7 · Carl Gustav · Dart Rifle · LPO-50 Flamethrower · Type 63 Mortar · Crossbow|
|Mounted guns||M2 .50 cal · M249 · Mk 19|
|Grenades||M67 Grenade · Molotov|